This page gives conditions for subscription access. For open access conditions see our ‘permissions and copyright’ page.
Our subscription journals are available online through ingentaconnect:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/whp/ev for Environmental Values
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/whp/eh for Environment and History
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/whp/nomp for Nomadic Peoples
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/whp/ge for Global Environment
Online issues are also deposited with the British Library, and we participate in LOCKSS, a system of multiple deposit with subscribing academic libraries.
These initiatives are designed to preserve the integrity of the online edition and make it very difficult to make changes once it has been published, so while we are sometimes asked to correct mistakes in the online edition this is not possible after its publication any more than we can change the printed edition once it has been printed.
Older back issues of the print edition are also available in an electronic form on JSTOR.
Your ACCESS KEY for online access is the customer number shown on your invoice from Turpin Distribution (normally of the form CU-1234567).
Instructions for activating online subscriptions are on the ingentaconnect website at
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/about/librarians/activating_subscriptions for librarians, and
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/about/researchers/accessing_articles for individuals.
If you belong to a society through which you have free access to current issues, you should sign in at
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/ using the user name and password supplied by the society.
The following terms and conditions apply to institutional subscriptions to the electronic versions of White Horse Press journals.
Access to the electronic version has been included with institutional subscriptions to the print version since Volume 7 (1998) of ENVIRONMENTAL VALUES and Volume 6 (2000) of ENVIRONMENT AND HISTORY. This access is ‘perpetual’ for volumes actually subscribed to; i.e. we undertake that it will endure for at least as long as the journals continue to be published by The White Horse Press.
For GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT and NOMADIC PEOPLES, issues published by White Horse Press (year 2014 onwards) include ‘perpetual access’ to the online version. ALL back issues of ENVIRONMENTAL VALUES, ENVIRONMENT AND HISTORY and GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT are now available online.
Institutions with current subscriptions can now purchase online access to the electronic versions of any back volumes that they have not subscribed to. Back volumes more than two years old are available at a substantially reduced rate. For terms see the journals price list.
Institutions buying back volumes of the print version at current prices (available direct from the publishers) will be entitled to free online access, to be arranged with the publishers at the time of purchase.
Institutions requiring the online version and not the print version can subscribe to the electronic-only version for approximately 90 percent of the institutional print subscription. For full details see the journals price list.
All online access subscription sales are handled by Turpin Distribution Services Ltd www.turpin-distribution.com
CONDITIONS OF USE
* Users are not required to sign a contract unless this is a requirement of their institution.
* Standard rate online access is for a single institution. This covers multiple campuses within a single local area. Multi-site access is available, at the publisher’s discretion, for single institutions with dispersed sites. (Library consortia are specifically excluded.)
* All members (employees, faculty, staff and students) of the subscribing institution are entitled to access. This includes visitors or members of the public accessing via terminals located on the site and under the control of the subscribing institution, and home computers belonging to staff and students where access can be authenticated by the institution.
* Use of the electronic versions of the journals should be for the purposes of private research or study and not for resale or commercial gain.
* Single copies of articles may be downloaded, stored on a PC or printed out.
* Where multiple copies of articles are required for course packs etc., the user should seek permission via RightsLink or the Copyright Licensing Agency and will be required to pay the fees currently in force.
* Articles may be stored in digital format in electronic collections held by the institution for teaching or research purposes.
* Articles may be forwarded to other members of the institution but no dissemination to individuals who are not members of the institution should take place. The electronic version may not be used for inter-library loan. Institutions may, however, supply a single paper copy of an individual article to authorised users of another library by post or fax, for the purposes of research or private study and not for commercial use. Such document supply may also be made by secure transmission using Ariel software, or similar, provided the electronic file is deleted immediately after printing.
* All reasonable efforts should be made to ensure that members of the subscribing institution are aware of and abide by these conditions of use.
Free COUNTER-compliant usage statistics are available from ingenta for institutional subscribers. Please log in to Ingenta Connect with your administrator username and password and click on “COUNTER-compliant statistics” under the “Collection” menu.
To enable SUSHI reports for your institution login as the administrator and click on the “Enable COUNTER SUSHI reports” link from the “COUNTER-compliant statistics” under the “Collection” menu. You will then be provided with a Requestor ID and Customer ID. Check the COUNTER 4 or COUNTER 5 usage report pages in the Administrator area for details of requesting the SUSHI report.
For more information about SUSHI please visit http://www.niso.org/workrooms/sushi.
We cannot provide librarians with usage statisics for our Open Access journals.